How To Make Oven Baked MoiMoi
Updated: Jun 8
The process of making Moi Moi could be daunting. It's one of those recipes involving extremely skilled cooking processes that can make Nigerian cooking a little challenging but not impossible. The saying goes, "Teach me how to cook and I can feed a few people. Teach me a cooking technique, and I'll feed hundreds". If after these directions you still mess up with cooking Moi Moi, then please blame me. But I have a feeling you'll become a master chef at this recipe. So let's try it. Shall we.
• 1 cup of dry beans
• 1 and a half Medium Onion.
• 3 TBSP Veg. Oil
• 1 cup Mama Sinmi's Red Sauce (If you don't have this use tomato sauce)
• 1 Red Bell pepper
• ½ tsp red pepper or paprika
• ½ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt; season to taste
“Moimoi or Moin-Moin is a Nigerian dish made by steam cooking bean (or black-eyed peas) in a paste form. The beans are washed with onions and fresh pureed peppers. It is a protein-rich food that can be a go-to staple for vegans and vegetarians”
• Soak beans in water overnight
• Peel and clean the beans until most of the skin comes off. This will take using a lot of water and rubbing the beans together in the palms of your hands. The skin floats to the surface. Repeat this process until most of the skin is off.
• Preheat the Oven to 350°F *
• Blend the beans with the red bell pepper and Onion until it becomes as fine as it could be. Add MAMA SINMI'S RED SAUCE or tomato sauce
• Pour the bean puree batter in Cupcake Pan.
• Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
• Serve and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by. Get my latest travel experiences sent straight to you when you join my mailing list and subscribe.
Instagram - @ijpopoola
Facebook - Ijeoma IJ Popoola
Twitter - @mamasinmi
Pinterest - Mama Sinmis Meatless Kitchen