Yam Porridge (ASARO, IGBO STYLE)
1 medium-sized Yam
½ tbsp. tomato paste
1 cup Mama Sinmis Red Sauce
¼ cup Palm Oil
1 medium onion
1 medium red bell pepper
1 cup Spinach
1 Habanero Pepper (Optional)
Salt – to taste
1 Vegetable Seasoning Cube
2½ cup of water
1. Peel & cut the yam into medium sizes. Wash your yam cubes and place it in your pot.
2. Puree your onion, red pepper, and habanero in a food processor.
3. Pour your water and Mama Sinmis Red Sauce. Cook on medium to high heat for 15 minutes.
4. Add your onions, bell pepper, and habanero blend.
5. Add vegetable seasoning, salt, palm oil, and tomato paste.
6. Cover and coke for 10 -15 minutes until soft.
7. Add Spinach leaves. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by. If you tried this recipe tap on the heart ❤️, tag us, and leave a comment.
Instagram - @ijpopoola
Facebook - Ijeoma IJ Popoola
Twitter - @mamasinmi
Pinterest - Mama Sinmis Meatless Kitchen